Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yada Yada.

There's not a whole lot to report over the last few days.  Let's see, work is going very well.  I'm actually off training pay this week ( I now need to secure five shifts a week, right now I have four.)  Ann Marie and I are on a search for a place together come August 1st.  It's a bit of a struggle finding an affordable place in a location we like, and we are trying to sublet two rooms to avoid security deposits and leases.  This actually isn't the hard part, it's finding free time to meet with potential roommates.  I think ABC is conspiring to keep us working opposite schedules.

One thing I like about the city, it inspires me to eat at home more than I did in SC.  Mostly because I don't know where anything is, and I spend copious amounts of time alone (eating out is less fun alone.)  But I do adore the produce section so that's just fine with me! Also, I was sent to Whole Foods for work and found out that apparently there is no sales tax on produce (and I wasn't the only one unaware, because no one at work knew this either... even my manager.)  Also, I found the Container Store (on a work errand) and if you've never been, and you love things to be organized (hey, I love it! Even if it appears otherwise!) This place is a happy organized and labeled haven! Which reminds me, I need to buy a pot to make pasta. And go to the Salvation Army (there were really good reviews for the one near my place!)

As for today, I found a supermarket closer to my apartment today.  It's super tiny but has all the things I need (and when I say tiny, I mean if someone has a cart, you won't be passing them down the aisle.)   And it rained a lot today, so I watched Hulu and found a TV show called "Kitchen Confidential" based on the autobiographical novel by Anthony Bourdain and they mention Jean-Georges in an episode! The End (for today.) There was going to be a picture included of my backyard covered in rain with the sunflowers shining happy and yellow, but my computer is sleepy and refusing to cooperate. Off to bed with the both of us. Goodnight interwebs.

UPDATE: Picture Upload Success.




1 comment:

Erin Gail said...

i'm glad you're liking the city. you should add find a post office to you to-do list. also, i miss you.