Saturday, February 09, 2008

"Just for now.....get me out of here"

"Leave all our hopelessnesses aside...
Just for a little while,
Tears stop right here,
I know we've all had a bumpy ride.."
-Imogen Heap

Life is hard, and it hurts. People who love you ultimately hurt you. Is that being pessimistic, or is it just the nature of the beast? Because really, only those that you love can really get to you in order to cause any pain. What do you do?? Forgive them for their wrongdoing?? God tells you to forgive and forget. But is it really that easy? It's hard to forgive. Harder so to forget. But can we afford not to??

"Bite tongue, deep breathe, count to ten nod your head.."

I wish life was easier. I wish answers were easier to find. I'm told to ask the Lord and he'll answer. But it's hard to not have instant gratification. But then again, maybe that's why we are blessed with friends. Someone who is tangible. And, at times, a messenger of God's words.

A big part of me wants to be the forgiving being that I know I should be. Another part desires to be angry. To throw things and hit someone. "Here hit Weezer..."
Is there a point where you don't give someone a second chance? Are there unforgivable crimes? Or do you forgive everything, every wrongdoing? That seems hard. But I really want to forgive and move forward...

"All that I know is I'm breathing, all I can do is keep breathing,
All we can do is keep breathing...."

-Ingrid Michaelson

No comments: