Thursday, February 07, 2008

"The dust has only just begun to form..."

"Crop circles in the carpet, sinking, feeling.
Spin me 'round again, and rub my eyes,
This can't be happening..."

I was told today that my "laugh was contagious." It was from a lady having dinner with her husband. And it made my whole day happy.

I think back to days long ago, well as long ago as they can be in my relatively short life... Back to days when I was a lot less happy and easy going than I am now. And I hated people telling me that I was abrasive and other unflattering adjectives. So it was a pure joy for a complete stranger to tell me that I spread happiness. I think I love her...

On a less optimistic note, I was told some news today that's been a bit hard to swallow. It's always hard when people in your life move on. They go in their own direction, leaving you to your own path. And lives that were once so intertwined drift apart and become so separate, it's hard for others to imagine they were, at one point, almost one existence.

"Oily marks appear on walls,
where pleasure moment hung before..."

I know it's ridiculous, but I hate it when people move on. Not that I wish people don't go forward with their lives, I just hate not being a part of it. But I guess in order to expand your horizons, meet new people who introduce new ideas that ultimately shape who you will become. I guess in order to accomplish all this, and get everything that life has to offer. You have to have a past to gain perspective from. It's just that it's so difficult to let things go into the realm of "the past."

Maybe this doesn't even make sense to anyone except myself. It's just me trying to make some sense of life.

"Speak no feeling, no I don't believe you,
You don't care a bit. No, you don't care a bit"
-Imogen Heap

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better, i haven't moved anywhere!

let me know how your two tables go today! i promise i won't lose service this time.