Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"

It has rained today. There was suppose to be wonderful coffee, a leisurely stroll in the beginning of Fall air. Coffee was still had, so yay. But it was dreary, and incredibly cold at House. The company was delightful, as usual, so that's a plus. My feet have been cold and wet since 10am, which is unfortunate. But now they are in comfy cozy socks. Baked at 200, ten minutes on each side so they are all toasty. Although I hear the microwave works, and faster too.

Instead of being sad about the dreary day. I have decided to rejoice in all the ways rain brings me joy. Warm, toasty socks. Thick sweaters which have been neglected in the closet for far too long. My umbrella which I find cheerful. The boy walking through the parking lot today, his umbrella featured little yellow smiley faces all over. Funny. My plant getting watered for free. My free car wash. How incredible snuggling in my bed will feel later this evening.

I've recently started a mini recycling program in my house. We now have areas and seperate bags for plastic, paper, and aluminum. I have to take it to the recycling center myself, but I think it's worth it. People who waste frustrate me. The other day I went to have dinner with some friends. When asked if they wanted their order for 'here' or 'to go' they said 'to go' when we had just had a conversation about eating in the establishment. Frustrated. Why waste unneccesarily? Is it too hard to walk a few extra steps to drop off a plate instead of tossing a box on your way out the door? Styrofoam isn't biodegradable ya know. I don't get it. Roomates that would rather throw away a plastic fork than have to put one in a dishwasher, or, God forbid, rinse one off by hand! Oh No!

'Well, hopefully people who don't want to reuse a paper cup won't mind buying SPF 5000 for their grandkids when the rain forest is gone, the ozone layer is a doily and the human race is bursting into flames'

There was much laughter at Blake Mitchell's expense today. I feel sad for him. He's out there, doing his best, which here lately has been less that supurb, but he's trying nonetheless. He makes mistakes, not on his game and he is immediately shunned by over 85,000 people. Considering all the comments I've heard the last couple days on the subject of Saturday's game, I might have punched someone in the face too. Then again, I guess that is just part of what comes with being semi-famous.

Sometimes I get a little tired of people who think they were put on this earth to 'save' others. I was told today that I should associate with people that I don't particuarly care for because they may need someone to talk to. I would be a good influence. My question, where as I may be a good influence, I don't really want someone that is a bad influence on me in my life. There are past relationships that I severed because I didn't see how they were helping me become the person I want to be. Is it so wrong to want to be better and realizing you need to illiminate things that keep you from doing that? Does that make me selfish? It's not like I simply dismissed someone from my life with a wave of my hand. It was given much consideration. I weighed the pros and cons. I thought about my benefits, the 'friends' benefits. I thought about if this relationship ultimately made me happy or caused me more sadness. In the end, I decided I didn't want someone in my life whose only dependable trait is that he's fickle. Does that make me a bad person?

On a positive note, there are some fairly recent relationships that have entered my life that I'm very happy with and excited about. These people are more like me than anyone I believe I have ever known. And that makes me happy and hopeful. Just when I was starting to doubt friendships in general, I found the most lovely pair of people. Yay. People I can share my GG moments with, which is truly delightful, it has the ability to create 'official' friendships. People I can share my undying love for coffee with, actually I think they were a catalyst for this obsession. I love the two ladies who reside on Henderson St. and all of their quirks and sillyness.

No comments: