Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"I listen for mockingbirds."

Too often we go through the world in a blind haze. Today I realized that more than ever. I got up. Went to work. Went to class. Came home. But today was a little different. Today, the morning air was crisp, cool, the beginnings of Fall. That's when it hit me, I never notice the day. I get in a routine, I act it out, the day ends, and repeat. But no more my friend!

Yesterday started as a normal day. There was class, and a lot of it. I got a few moments to bond with Ann. Happy. We will go rock climbing soon (it's good to have a 'thing'). I went for the first time to the Richland County Library. It was large. It was spacious. It was filled with books. It was magical. I have discovered a rejuvenated love for books. I seem to be devouring them lately, it's almost as if I can't get enough! My desire to become better, more rounded, better read and informed, better traveled, more goal oriented has increased greatly in the last weeks. Is it the new year? Is it that it's the final in my college career? Is it fear of not getting everything I need out of this university? Who knows. All I know is that I love the smell of a new book. I think I have Erin to thank for this.

My addiction to coffee has become nearly dependant as of late. Funny thing is, it's not even the caffine. I love the taste, I love the smell. I adore espresso. I guess I really am my mother's child. She always told me I would one day aquire a taste for the glorious java. It's in my blood, my whole family drinks it like fish need water. Many people have cocktails, maybe a beer while watching the game. My family had coffee. Amusing when you realize your mother was right about something when you were certain she was a little crazy.
"Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. If I stop drinking coffee, I stop
doing the standing and the walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing."

1 comment:

Erin Gail said...

and that's why caffeine addict happy hours were born.