Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Productive is my Middle Name

Patrick is in California (Morgan Hill, specifically) for the week (learning about and test riding bicycles, all expenses paid, AND he's getting a regular paycheck for this "business" trip, but for him it's more like a dream vacation), and while I am super envious, I have decided to fill my days with other activities so I don't turn green. I am, as of this afternoon, working three jobs.


job one: Miyo's on Main- fine szechuan cuisine. some days I serve, some days I manage, most days I don't get paid enough.


job two: 300- a brand new restaurant in the Vista opened by my friends!! not only did a good friend and a former co-worker open this gem together, but it brought my college buddy back to town after a year and a half working in New York ( the state, not the city....Southhampton to be exact).


job three: Black Tie Bartending Services- I found myself working behind a bar in a giant clubhouse on the Saluda River this evening. If you've ever watched the TV show "Weeds", you'll know what I mean when I say I was in Agrestic. It was absurd. five bars, two bands, sushi, panini station, three tables with a flowing fruit display, top shelf liquor, beer, wine. you name it, it was there. and, by far, the easiest of the three jobs.


I have much more work to look forward to the rest of the week. But I feel guilty leaving Brodie alone for so much of the week without Pat to play with. I think I'll let him sleep in the bed with me tonight. And hopefully I can secure a play date for him tomorrow. But right now he's waiting patiently for me to play fetch.... so I guess more later.

No comments: