Thursday, January 11, 2007

You've got to chase a dream, one that's all your own...

Sometimes I wonder how it is that I came to be so loved. There are people in my life that are truely amazing, some of them have always been here and only now am I able to fully appreciate how wonderful they are. Others have come recently, and I wonder how I ever survived without their love and support. I don't know what I did to deserve these people, sometimes I think it's truely a fluke, because I don't know that I'm deserving.

Certain individuals have recently inspired me to figure out what I want out of life. And what I've discovered is that I have a huge desire to help other people. I want to make a difference to someone in this world in a huge way. One person, in particular, who I have so much admiration and love for, makes me want to be a better person, more like her, with a heart so big and giving.

This past year (twothousandsix) was pretty brutal. There were more (quantitative) lows that highs. Yet, somehow, as I watched the ball drop and the last moments of the year fade away, I realized that this has been an amazing year. A year filled with, yes pain and anguish, but also new friends, reconnecting with many old friends, and growing closer to existing friends. As 2006 ended, I felt completely satisfied, knowing that, even through all the bad, it was a year that I left in good spirits. Feeling happy and inspired, which is quite the 180 from how this year started. Each day of this new year has been good in it's own way.

"I think 2007 is going to be good to us"

On a lighter note... there is to be a new addition to my personal family. There is no name yet, but she's going to be red and will allow me to carry 7500 people around in my pocket. Happy. She arrives in 2-3 days, thank you e.ellis.
NickelCreek will be stalked in 2007 and I look forward to every heart breaking moment. I'm ready for the beginning to the end to come, in the form of tour dates preferably.
There is a much anticipated trip being planned to TN. This is almost as exciting as stalking NC. Maybe even more if we can somehow combine the two things. That would be spectacular. My favorite band with two of my favorite boys who I know, will enjoy it at least one-third as much as me. During this trip to TN, the largest underground lake will be visited (all 4 acres of it) woo hoo!!

ps. my car loves me, she wrote me a love letter. i think i will treat her with an oil change. the end.

1 comment:

Erin Gail said...

you are lovely.